Monday, October 31, 2011

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy." - Anne Frank

Today marks the 4th year since my dad's death and thought provoking it has been.  That day, our family's world crumbled.  It was horrible and brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.  I will never forget that day no matter how many years pass.  My dad, I know is with me all the time and today he proved it.

When I was younger, after my dad lost his dad, he would always say that whenever he saw an Irish Setter that it reminded him so much of his dad and it usually happened when his dad was on his mind the most.  I understood exactly what he meant when my dad passed away.  My sister said at his memorial that matter cannot not be created nor destroyed, it just changes form.  We believe that my dad took the form of a monarch butterfly that day and now I'm always reminded of him when I see them. 

I had a nursing exam today and let's just say it was NOT my best performance.  I'm sure I could have prepared more for it and been less distracted by life but like my sister, I have adult onset A.D.D.  :)  Anyway, we are sitting in Mental Health later in the day and the fire alarm goes off randomly and we evacuate to the front lawn.  The break was nice, a minute to soak in some sun and not be cooped up in the building.  We of course, are bitching about how horrible the exam went when I looked over at the Mexican bird of paradise flower beside us and this monarch butterfly flies down and lands on it.  I lost it!  Hi DAD!  A simple sign that I'm headed in the right path even if I've had a horrible day and that he is there with me when I need it the most.  :)  Thanks Dad!  You always knew how to reassure me even when things were at their toughest!  You are my hero and my motivator and for that I am forever grateful.

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss, but you are truly honoring your dad's memory by inviting his presence into your heart when you are feeling down.

    Hugs on this day, and good luck on your exams. :)

    ReplyDelete