Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Calling all BLOG readers!! Attention: Maureen needs motivation on the tread mill!

Does anyone else find it hard to get back into the swing of things after a long weekend?!?  I know I do especially when most of the weekend involved aliens, barbeques, bad food, a little drinking, swimming,  fireworks and of course, the hot-hot sun!  It's kind of what Independence Day is all about.  It's exhausting to say the least.  So how do you find motivation to get back to it? 

Today, I have to thank all of you who read this blog!  Why, you are wondering?  What did you do?  Well, you all had a hand at motivating the motivator and you didn't even know it!  I hit the gym this morning at 8:30 and started with some HIIT (high intensity interval training) and after about 10 minutes I was ready to quit, call it a day, throw in the towel and I kept thinking to myself "Self, what would your blog readers think? Would you be as motivating if you quit now?"  It was like I had all these little voices (blog reader voices, of course) in the back of my head saying "KEEP GOING! DON'T STOP NOW!"  Your voices pushed me through, got me over the hump and you all helped and for that I thank you!  I stayed on for 30 minutes and ran through my sprints twice then did weight training!  So PLEASE keep reading!  :)  You motivate me!  You keep me on track!  And my hope is that this silly little blog will have the same profound affect on you!  Get out there and be the best YOU you can be!


1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to get some Meautivation, but it's been tough. Every day I swear that i will return to the gym in the morning so that I can start having structured days with my girls. Then I can't fall asleep until 3 am. Then I sleep until 9 am. Lather rinse repeat.

    One thing I did was buy a magnetic chore chart for Judy and one for me. My chores include laundry, dishes, organizing, gym, yoga, read, and write. I have yet to put a sticker in the gym or yoga category, but I am keeping up on the other chores.

    I have also been flossing more often than not, and that is because of you, not my dentist, so thanks for that (and I'm sure that my dentist thanks you too).

    ReplyDelete